Baby, it’s cold outside! Nothing sounds cozier than curling up with a hot cup of cocoa and a book (or trashy reality TV show) and settling in for the night. But wait! Before you grab that store-bought cocoa mix packed with refined sugars and empty calories, think outside the coffee chains and prepare your own warm beverage, skinny style!
1. Skinny Eggnog: This recipe for Skinny Eggnog is SO easy to make. Just seven ingredients, and the results are a cup filled with holiday cheer! This recipe is also great for adding your favorite bourbon or rum for your holiday celebrations! Click here to be taken to our original recipe!
2. Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte: Skip the Starbucks line and make this frothy skinny sensation on your own while cutting calories and keeping the need for sweat pants for cozy time only. This pumpkin spice latte packs the flavor of the chain coffee bistros without packing the sugar, fat and calories that turns drinks into sinful desserts. Get the recipe here.
>> Read more: Get the Skinny on Your Favorite Coffeehouse Drinks
3. Apple Cider Hot Toddy: Need a warm cocktail to cheer you up during cold weather? This Hot Toddy has a great holiday feel. It's great for a weekend wind down, or serving at a holiday party! (via Cookie and Kate)
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Latte: This creamy dessert latte tastes like it came straight from an oven! For a sweet treat on a cold day, this latte is a no brainer! (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
>> Recipe: Healthy Cookie Dough
5. Healthy Hot Chocolate: After a long day throwing snowballs, the kids will be thankful to walk into a kitchen that smells like chocolate! They'll never know they're drinking a delicious mug of skinny swaps! (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
It's painfully easy to drink your calories without even noticing, so be sure to check out Skinny Mom's other favorite skinny drinks!