Hotdogs don't have to be just for kids! And they don't have to be plain and boring either! Here is our adult version topped with a combination of homemade coleslaw and crunchy chips (don't knock it til you try it).
- 8 turkey hot dogs
- 8 whole wheat hot dog buns
- 1 batch of Skinny Slaw (see recipe below)
- ½ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup BBQ Baked Lay's Potato Chips
- 14 ounce bag classic cole slaw
- ⅔ cup green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp light ranch dressing
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- Skinny Slaw: In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, oil, vinegar, and stevia.
- Add the bagged cole slaw and green onions to the dressing and toss together to evenly coat.
- Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Hot Dogs:Place hot dogs on the a well heated grill.
- Cook hot dogs for 8-10 minutes until heated.
- Place hot dog in bun and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Next spoon around ½ cup of Skinny Slaw onto hot dog.
- Top off hot dogs with a sprinkle of crushed potato chips.