The Pentagon confirmed that the US detected a ballistic missile launched out of North Korea at approximately 10:45 a.m. ET on Friday.
“I can confirm that we detected a launch of a ballistic missile from North Korea," Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis said, according to Fox News. "We are assessing and will have more information soon."
"I have received the first report that North Korea again launched a missile and it possibly landed inside the exclusive economic zone," the Prime Minister said.
Earlier this week, a US official confirmed to CNN that the US believes that North Korea will be able to launch a nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) by early 2018.
This story is developing...