Weeks after an exploding whipped cream can
Voici un exemple de siphon à chantilly qui a explosé et percuté le thorax de Rebecca, entraînant son décès. Précision : le siphon qui a engendré sa mort quant à lui été mis sous scellé. N'utilisez pas ce genre d'ustensile chez vous ! Plusieurs dizaines de milliers d'appareils défectueux sont encore en circulation.
Heidi Dumotier from Trémery, France was
"I shake the bottle, and — boom — it explodes. It was terrible, the lid was gone and the bottle was lodged in the ceiling," BBC reports she told radio
She said the exploding canister left a six-inch hole in her ceiling. The extent of her leg injury is unknown.
“At the time, I did not understand what was going on and did not feel anything. It was only when I saw the blood I realized.”
Just weeks ago in June, a similar whipped cream bottle exploded and sent Burger into cardiac arrest after hitting her in the chest, killing the fitness model.
In Burger's family's announcement of her death, they warned people against using the whipped cream dispenser from a French manufacturer. They claim that there are still thousands of the defective products being sold.
The caption reads, “Here’s an example of the cartridge/siphon for whipped cream that exploded and struck Rebecca’s chest, killing her. Take note: The cartridge that caused her death was sealed. Do not use this type of device in your home! Tens of thousands of these appliances are still in circulation."
According to 60
“Due to a fault in its conception, the siphon’s plastic cap appears much too fragile to withstand being put under pressure … as a result, the siphon could explode and injure the user and those around them,” the magazine writes, according to U.K.’s The Guardian.
So should you worry about that bottle of Reddi Whip in your fridge? Most likely not, unless it uses a gas capsule to apply pressure to a metal container. In some cases, those capsules “can be expelled like a bullet at high speed,” according to the New York Daily News.