Celebrities are often the first to try the latest workout fads, but Kate Hudson is an (extremely fit) exception. The star has remained loyal to her Pilates practice—and instructor—for more than 15 years. During the duo’s three to five weekly sessions, Nicole Stuart puts Shape Magazine's cover star through a challenging routine that includes a different mix of moves every time. But these four toners (or some variation of them) are always in the rotation. Add them to your workout and discover why, for a sexy body, Pilates has major staying power.
How it works: Three to five times a week, do each exercise in order. Total time: up to 15 minutes You will need: Mat
1. Roll Up
- A. Lie faceup with arms extended overhead, palms facing ceiling. Extend legs with heels together and toes turned out. Exhale as you raise your arms over your chest.
- B. Pull your abs in, and roll up to seated.
- C. Continue until you're bent over your legs reaching your hands forward. Inhale, then exhale as you reverse the sequence to return to starting position.
- Sets: 1
- Reps: 5
2. Double-Leg Stretch
- A. Lie faceup with knees bent over your hips, heels together and toes pointed. Lift your shoulders and extend your arms on either side of your legs, palms facing each other. Inhale.
- B. Exhale as you extend your legs in front of you and bring your arms overhead, palms facing legs. Return to starting position.
- Sets: 1
- Reps: 15
To see the final two Pilates moves in Kate Hudson's routine, click here for the original article from Shape!