If you know you're going to have a hectic week, make this smoothie in advance for snacks and lunches. Strawberries, banana and blueberries come together for a low-fat, fiber-filled, nutritious smoothie. The chia seeds do an awesome job thickening this smoothie to keep you full until your next meal, and the honey adds just the right amount of sweetness you're craving.
- If using frozen fruit, omit the ice. Otherwise, the ice thickens and cools the smoothie.
- If you have leftovers, re-blend with more ice the next day to thicken the smoothie that has settled.
Prep time: Less than 10 minutes
Cook time: None
Yield: 3 servings
Serving size: 10 ounces
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (8-9 strawberries)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 fresh banana
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1 cup ice
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender until smooth, and serve immediately.
Per Serving: (10 ounces)
Calories from fat: 31
Saturated Fat: 0g
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.