For a low-calorie, satisfying and flavorful snack, try out our Mediterranean Herb Hummus! All you have to do is throw some chickpeas, Tahini, garlic, salt, oregano, thyme, parsley and lemon juice into a food processor and you're good to go! Try it with veggies or pita chips. At 36 calories and only 1 SmartPoint per serving, it will quickly replace your French onion dip and potato chips!
Recipe: Mediterranean Herb Hummus
Cook time: none
Yield: 20 servings
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
- Two, 15.5-ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor and blend until combined.
- When the hummus has come together, drizzle in the olive oil and pulse a few times until loose and smooth.
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.