If the combination of pineapple and avocado makes you a bit wary, we don't completely blame you. Pineapple is one of the tastiest summer fruits, and avocado is just plain magical — but together? Maybe not so much. Wrong! This strange combination is a winner winner, chicken dinner (or dessert).
- Got some leftover popsicle mix after filling the molds? Refrigerate it for a delicious smoothie!
- Unsure how to tackle the daunting task of cutting the whole pineapple? Click here for help.
Recipe: Avocado Pineapple Popsicles
Prep time: Less than 5 minutes
Cook time: 8+ hours freeze time
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 popsicle
- 1 ripe avocado
- 20-oz can pineapple chunks in 100% juice
- juice of 1 lime
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into the blender with the pineapple (and the canned juice), and lime juice.
- Blend until smooth and pour into 6 popsicle molds.
Calories from fat: 44
Saturated Fat: 1g
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.