The Chia seeds provide energy and the almonds and walnuts offer the healthy fats and protein. At less than 200 calories and 4 WWP+ a serving, this is a great snack to make ahead and enjoy throughout the week!
They're also a great snack to entice picky eaters when they need a little nutritious boost during the day! For other flavors besides carrot cake, check out our PB and Fruit Protein Balls.
Recipe: No-Bake Carrot Cake Energy Balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: refrigerate for 1-2 hours
Yield: 10 servings
Serving size: 2 balls
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup almonds
- 8 dates or ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp Chia seeds (or flax seeds)
- 1 tsp Allspice
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients (except for butterscotch chips) in a food processor and process until combined. Mixture can still be a bit chunky. (Be careful not to over-process nuts as these release too much oil if over-processed. Try pulsing the mixture instead of letting in blend to avoid mixture being over-processed.)
- Fold in butterscotch chips with spatula.
- Using a Tbsp, shape mixture into balls and freeze for 1-2 hours. Store in a plastic baggy in the fridge for up to a week.