It's time to try tortelloni! Tortelloni is pretty much the exact same as tortellini, but larger and shaped more like a "belly button.” They are usually stuffed with similar fillings as ravioli, like spinach, cheese, or meat. In this recipe, the cheese-stuffed tortelloni is the centerpiece in a gorgeous color combination of red, orange and yellow bell peppers with a pop of green from the spinach. This one is healthy and beautiful! Doesn't get much better than that! For more of my best vegetarian dishes, click here!
- 9 oz whole wheat cheese tortelloni
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan-Reggiano cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the tortelloni and cook according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is soft and transparent.
- Stir in the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until the onions are slightly golden brown.
- Pile on the spinach and allow it to wilt for about 2 or 3 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in tortelloni, parsley, cheese, salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.
Per Serving (1 cup):
WWP+: 9 points