Watch: Health Video Blogger Unknowingly Eats Poisonous Plant During Livestream

A Chinese health vlogger was rushed to the hospital after accidentally poisoning herself during a livestream.

Delish reports that the 26-year-old vlogger known online as Ms. Zhang was on livestream to talk about the health benefits of aloe vera. In the video, named “Aloe Vera Feast,” Zhang is shown taking a bite of what appears to be two large leaves of aloe vera.

MORE: A Woman Died After Drinking Poisoned Herbal Tea

Moments later Zhang said her mouth was “numb,” while her throat was “on fire.” It turns out that the plant that Zhang believed was aloe vera was actually the plant, Agave Americana, a similar-looking and highly poisonous plant from Mexico.

While Zhang realized something was wrong and quickly turned off the video, she had already developed a severe rash and blisters by the time she arrived at the hospital and had to have her stomach pumped

Real aloe vera leaves are largely harmless, though they do produce a laxative-like effect in large doses. However, according Cornell University Agave Americana can be toxic.

“Agave Americana has several toxic compounds, not all of which have been positively identified. It contains the incredibly irritating calcium oxylate raphides (microscopic daggers of crystalline oxylate) as well as some other really irritating oils in the sap,” it said.

Zhang is reportedly in stable condition.

Photo: Twitter / @newsjset

Related: