Who said snacks have to be junk food? With these mint chocolate protein balls, you'll be fueling up for that workout you've got planned after work while tricking your taste buds into thinking they're getting a rich decadent treat. The dates give these balls their natural sweetness, while the almond butter is responsible for their smooth, nougatty texture. The mint extract perfectly balances the cocoa powder, but if you're not a mint chocolate chip fan, it can easily be omitted. Ready to kick those junk food cravings to the curb?
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1 scoop Skinny Mom Milk Chocolate Protein Powder
- ⅔ cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- Coarsely cut up the dates and add them to the food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Process until it all holds together, about 1 minute.
- Roll into 14 balls (about 1 scant tablespoon each).
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: None
Serving size: 1 ball
Calories from fat: 64