Always trying to slim down, we desperately cling to our goals of healthy eating and weight loss, so we're all restricting ourselves to healthy salads and Green Tea Lemonade, right? Not so much. Fast-food restaurants, grocery stores, and even your refrigerator aren't going to magically ditch all that unhealthy food, so keeping your family healthy and active is on you. Luckily, we've created a list of breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, and desserts that will keep you on track. Every delicious dish is 250 calories or less, so you can breathe a little easier as you plan out your weekly menu!
1. Skinny Chicken and Vegetable Frittata: This breakfast dish really packs a punch! With a colorful assortment of vegetables and a whopping 24 grams of protein, this will be the most filling 180 calories ever! Click here to be taken to the full recipe.
2. Raspberry Vanilla Coffee Cake: We know this sounds like a dessert — and tastes like one too — but trust us, it's healthy! These babies are full of nutritious ingredients like fruit, flaxseed, yogurt, and more. So indulge a little — at only 150 calories each, you can afford to! (via Chocolate-Covered Katie)
3. Cranberry Banana Oatmeal Bake: If you are stuck in the habit of grabbing a granola bar for breakfast, it's time to ditch those empty calories and try something new. At only 250 calories, this recipe is still filling and completely satisfying! The healthy carbs in the oatmeal will give your body the fuel it needs to make it to lunch, and the sweet flavors of the cranberries and bananas are irresistible! For the full recipe, follow this link.
4. Maple Glazed Turkey Sausage: Sausages have a pretty negative reputation for being greasy,processed, and just downright unhealthy. With our recipe, you'll see all those assumptions fly right out the window! These nutritious sausages are full of the healthy ingredients you need to start your day off right. Check out the recipe here.
5. Banana Protein Pancakes: If you are looking for a lower-carb option for breakfast, but you don't want to sacrifice flavor, you have got to try this recipe! With only 11 grams of carbs, and a whopping 19 grams of protein, these pancakes are a delectable option for your morning meal. For the recipe, go ahead and click here!
6. Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich: It's inevitable — once in awhile, we are going to get those fast-food cravings. You can ward off those hankerings with this delicious copycat recipe! At only 180 calories, our sandwich eliminates the greasy fat of fast-food and gives you a satisfying lunch you'll feel good about. Check out the full recipe here.
7. Egg Salad: Egg salad is the perfect lunch for a mom on the run! Just throw it in a bowl or on a sandwich, and you are ready to go. This recipe cuts out the high-calorie mayo and uses Greek yogurt instead for a unique taste that you won't be able to resist! Check it out here.
8. Tandoori Chicken and Spinach Salad: This is a great variation on a classic Greek salad. The combination of fresh, flavorful ingredients and the succulent chicken are absolutely delicious. Plus, the chicken, Greek yogurt, and feta cheese give this salad an added boost of protein to fill you up! (via Good Life Eats)
9. Skinny Tropical Protein Smoothie: If you're not the kind of person who has time for a sit-down lunch, then a protein-packed smoothie may be the best option for you. This smoothie has all those sweet summer flavors you crave with a hearty serving of protein to keep you moving while you are on the run. Click here to go to the recipe.
10. Skinny Mini Caprese Pizzas: English muffin pizzas aren't just for kids! They can be a perfect lunch for you, too! These mini pizzas are so easy to make, and the fresh flavors of the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil will have your mouth watering before you even take a bite. For the full recipe, follow this link.
11. Skinny Monkey Oats Cookies: If you are looking for an afternoon snack that is going to carry you through 'til dinner, then give these healthy sweet treats a try! The peanut butter, bananas, and applesauce combine to create a soft texture, and the dark chocolate is melt-in-your-mouth good. Serve them up with a glass of milk for the perfect afternoon indulgence. Click here for the recipe.
12. PB Yogurt Dip and Apple Slices: Just thinking about caramel apples makes our mouths water, which is why we have created an equally delicious but healthier option for you to snack on! It only takes a couple minutes to throw together, so you'll be able to satisfy those mid afternoon hunger pangs in no time. For more instructions, click here.
13. Spicy Roasted Chickpeas: While microwave popcorn may seem like a healthier option than, say, a bag of Cheetos, these babies will give you that crunchy satisfaction in a much more nutritious fashion! The red pepper flakes and chili powder give this snack a burst of heat, so you might want to grab a glass of milk. For the full recipe, click here.
14. All Things Healthy Bars: While granola bars seem to be a healthy go-to snack, many brands don't actually contain very nutritious ingredients. So instead of reaching in a box when those afternoon tummy-rumbles begin, just whip up this healthy recipe. It is packed with healthy carbs like pearl barley, flaxseed, and figs for a satisfying snack. (via Confessions of a Bright-Eyed Baker)
15. Skinny Baked Zucchini Chips: When lunch didn't quite do the trick, but dinner is still hours away, it's almost impossible to turn down a bag of potato chips to tide you over. Our Skinny Baked Zucchini Chips are a tasty alternative to stem those salty cravings. Plus, at 30 chips per serving, these are irresistible! Check out the recipe here.
16. Tomato-Mozzarella Pizza: Forget about the calories - with all the flavor and protein from the pancetta and Italian cured bacon, you know you would have picked this over your go-to pizza delivery service any day of the week! (via Cooking Light)
17. Skinny Chicken Parm Meatballs: We know how hard it can be to add some variety to your chicken recipes. Luckily, we've devised a delicious parmesan-infused meatball that your family is going to love! Plus, at 23 grams of protein per serving, you can be sure this dinner will leave you completely satisfied. For the complete recipe, click here.
18. Skinny 3-Cheese Penne: Being healthy doesn't mean we have to avoid the finer things in life (like cheese). This recipe contains all the cheesy goodness that you crave, and at only 200 calories! Plus, it has been kid-approved. Serve it up with a side salad for the perfect weeknight dinner. Check out the recipe here.
19. Creole Cod: If you can't stand the fishy flavor of seafood, but desperately need to branch out from your ritualistic poultry dinners, then this dish is perfect for you. The mild flavor of the cod compliments the bold flavors of the dijon mustard and creole seasoning. Try serving it up with some of these tasty sides! (via Cooking Light)
20. Skinny Taco Stuffed Peppers: This twist on a classic Mexican meal cuts down on those unnecessary carbs for the perfect dinner. It's not every day that we get to experience all of that zesty Mexican flavor and none of the guilt! Click here for more instructions.
DRINKS AND DESSERTS
21. S'more Fluff: In 10 minutes, this delectable dessert could be all yours! Our recipe does away with campfire catastrophes, and gives you only what you want — a mouthwatering treat that your whole family can enjoy. After just one bite, you'll want s'more! Click here to see how it's made!
22. Pineapple Delight Cocktail: If you find yourself craving the sweet, exotic flavors of the summer, go ahead and whip up this refreshing cocktail! At only 170 calories, it is the perfect way to unwind at the end of a hectic day. Click here to see how it's made!
23. Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Chocolate Cream Filling: These sensational cookies are free of everything (gluten, grain, nut, and dairy products) except flavor! Pair them with a cup of decaf as you settle in for the evening, and you're in for a little special treatment. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
24. Skinny Sangria: This delicious drink clocks in at just over 100 calories, and is the perfect beverage to cool you off this summer. It is packed full of fruity flavors, and will easily be a crowd-pleaser at your next family gathering! Follow this link for instructions.
25. Chia Seed Pudding: If you can't condone digging into a slice of chocolate cake but you still want a little something sweet to wrap up your day, then give this recipe a shot. It's packed with an assortment of nutritious ingredients that come together to create a tasty summer treat.(via My Whole Food Life)
Just remember: A few calories can go a long way in keeping you satisfied! Don't just grab whatever is convenient — these recipes will keep you on track to maintaining a healthy lifestyle this summer.