While there is no magical pill on the market that you could take to instantly achieve conception, there are other herbal supplements that may boost your fertility power. You may have heard about the benefits of taking folic acid before and during pregnancy to ensure your baby's health, but some other vitamins and herbs may give you a leg up in actually conceiving the baby! Research is still being conducted concerning the effectiveness of supplements and herbal supplements in increasing chances of fertility, but many of those supplements have health qualities that go beyond pregnancy (and a healthy body is the first step to a healthy pregnancy). What is important to know about herbal and nutritional supplements is that they have limited Food and Drug Administration regulation. If you do want to try a fertility supplement, make sure to consult your doctor first and hear her opinion for your healthiest pregnancy.
1. Omega 3 fatty acids: Along with healthy brain and heart function, omega-3s help regulate the menstrual cycle, which could aid conception. After you are happily pregnant, omega-3s also aid in the development of your baby and decrease the chances of miscarriage. Eat some baby-making foods rich in omega-3s such as salmon, flaxseed, shrimp and tofu. Because the body cannot naturally make omega-3s, it's important to garner enough of them through foods and supplements, such as fish oils.
2. Chasteberry: Supplements containing chasteberry are thought to stimulate the luteinizing hormone and help egg production. Studies have shown that chasteberry may normalize pituitary function and balance hormone levels. Check out FertiliTea, which was designed by a doctor to balance hormones and contains chasteberry!
3. Green tea extract: In the realm of fertility, the antioxidants found in green tea repair oxidative stress and enhance fertility by enhancing your overall health. Antioxidants help protect your skin, manage your blood glucose levels, and protect against heart disease. FertilityBlend for women is a leading fertility supplement, flaunting a wealth of anti-oxidants and amino acids to maintain healthy ovulation.
4. Red raspberry leaf: A natural supplement that has been used for ages, red raspberry leaf contains an alkaloid that helps tone the pelvic muscles, which could also tone and strengthen the uterus. This could decrease the chance of miscarriage. Red raspberry leaves could be a good addition to your daily regimen that leads to a healthy pregnancy.
5. Ginseng root: Livestrong wrote an article about ginseng's ability to maintain uterine health. If the uterus is kept at optimal health, the fetus will have a better chance of implanting in the uterus after conception! Learn more about ginseng root here.
6. Maca: Also known as Peruvian ginseng, this nutritious root has a variety of health benefits including increasing libido, increasing energy levels and balancing hormones. According to Menstruation.au, maca root may increase a woman's egg follicle development.
Your best bet for getting pregnant might include consulting a fertility specialist, especially if you've been trying to conceive for over a year. But, keep doing it, and doing it often. Start by leading a healthy life and then looking to supplements to help fill any vitamin gaps!
>> Check out these simple lifestyle changes that could boost fertility!