The alarm goes off and it’s time for breakfast – but far too early to spoil your healthy eating ambitions. With this breakfast roundup, we are making your first meal of the day not only the most important, but also the most tasty and low calorie with each dish weighing in at no more than 300 calories a serving.
1. Skinny Butternut Squash Mini Muffins: Muffins are a morning splurge, right? Not anymore. It doesn’t get any skinnier than 80 calories a serving! These mini muffins offer the sweet flavor of butternut squash with the portability of a grab-and-go breakfast – minus the calories!
2. Asparagus and Swiss Cheese Frittata: This slimmed down frittata is perfect for a big day! The combination of shallots, asparagus and swiss cheese make for a tasty start and great leftovers! (via Skinnytaste)
3. Huevos Rancheros with Avocado Salsa Verde: Who said you couldn’t sit down to a restaurant style breakfast dish at home in the morning without breaking your vow to eat healthy? This vegetarian Mexican dinner can be served morning or night, and at under 200 calories a serving, there’s no reason not to eat like you’re at a restaurant every morning. (via Cookie and Kate)
4. Veggie Stuffed Omelet: This omelet is a morning favorite because you can whip it up in under 15 minutes! Not only are eggs protein packed to keep you fuller longer, this omelet will help you to meet your required veggies for the day. (via Live Better America)
5. Skinny Banana French Toast Bake: This recipe is simple to make but elaborate enough to serve guests without them ever knowing it’s less than 300 calories a serving. This make-ahead recipe can be chilled overnight and taken out to impress your guests and taste buds the next morning.
6. Peanut Butter Breakfast Pudding: This breakfast dish goes well beyond peanut butter oatmeal. This is a drool-worthy way to start your day while staying under your caloric goals. (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
7. Carrot Cake Waffles: Did you hear carrot cake? And waffle? Yes, you did. And under 300 calories? Oh wait, and cream cheese frosting? This breakfast dish will feel like an indulgence…and maybe even double as dessert. (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
8. Spinach Feta Egg White Wrap: A filling wrap worthy of center display at a specialty breakfast deli, this wrap is filling, flavorful, and easy on the calorie count making it a breakfast menu must-have. (via Dashing Dish)
9. Cranberry Banana Oatmeal Bake: Savory and sweet make this breakfast dish a treat for the taste buds as well as your daily calorie count. A scrumptious staple dish that is sweet, filling, and simple to prepare.
10. Quinoa Banana Pancakes: Quinoa may be in your pantry, but you probably haven't incorporated quinoa into your breakfast...yet. This hearty banana pancake recipe is the perfect way to incorporate your quinoa supply and get an energizing and tasty breakfast in.
11. Breakfast Sandwich: Before you tempt yourself into grabbing a drive-thru breakfast sandwich, save yourself some cash and calories by whipping together this simple, yet uber tasty breakfast sandwich in your own kitchen (via Dashing Dish).
12. Skinny Breakfast Nachos: Nachos for breakfast? Nachos under 300 calories? We're breaking stereotypes and surprising taste buds with this south of the border breakfast idea. A perfect Saturday brunch treat to share with guests or simply enjoy on your own.
13. Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal: There is no reason you can’t indulge in dessert like taste, without the heavy burden of feeling like you overindulged. A breakfast dish you can prepare before bed and wake up to the aroma of a scrumptious meal to start your day.
14. Avena - Healthy Oatmeal Shake: Quick and easy to take on the go make this an oatmeal dish you don't have to sit down with. Put the bowl and spoon away and whip up this filling shake for a low-cal breakfast option. (via Skinnytaste)
15. Skinny Crustless Quiche: Quiche is a breakfast and brunch favorite but can easily derail healthy eating goals. This crustless quiche offers the flavor and savor of a traditional quiche at only 111 calories a serving. So filling and delicious, don’t be surprised if you end up serving this dish for dinner too!
16. Healthy Banana Waffles: These waffles, ringing in at 157 calories per serving, are a great breakfast for the whole family! If you are looking for a wholesome way to start the day, these waffles will provide.
17. Skinny Avocado Egg Scramble: This amped up egg is a perfect breakfast for a morning rush. In only 10 minutes, you can have a flavorful breakfast that will keep you going until lunch.
18. Vanilla Cinnamon Protein Pancakes: When a pancake panic brings a need for hotcakes into your head, then look to this recipe to make a filling, protein filled stack of goodness that will cure your sweet tooth and need for flapjacks in a flash.
For more filling breakfast ideas that satisfy your taste buds without sabotaging your waist line, check out our Skinny Breakfast + Brunch Index!